BOY GOES GIRLY by Toni G. Villafuerte






DISCLAIMER: This third part is something that is long overdue. No excuses this time. I guess I was just uninspired for a while. Just like what they say, you can’t set deadlines for something genius. Hahaha. Just kiddin’. I really wasn’t set on coming up with a third installment but my “blog mentor” told me that as a real blogger (naks), I have a responsibility to my audience to keep writing. So, love it, hate it, it’s completely up to you. Just be patient with me, ayt? My writing skills could be a little rusty. Enjoy.

Boy Goes Girly Part 3: Emo Moments

Part of what society believes to be a “girly” trait is being emotional. This maybe brought about by how most women are portrayed in various media like on TV and in the movies wherein women openly express their emotions through various dramatic outbreaks and tears (sad background music in 3… 2… 1…). Although most women who would read this blog may disagree with what I just said, I do not see anything wrong with displaying how you feel and letting other see exactly how you feel. I consider myself pretty emotional and I never saw that as a problem.

EMO MOMENT #1: Soundtracks

How many times have I made my life an episode of GLEE? Forevs! Well I don’t really just burst into a song on my way to my locker for everyone else to hear but when nobody’s looking, boy do I just make an MTV in my head as to how each song playing perfectly describes what I am going through. Confused? Read on.

1.)   Whitney Houston’s “All At Once” – After my break-up with my ex in 2007, on my way home, in an FX (public shuttles), I just started crying when this song played and didn’t even mind that almost everyone could see me cry like a baby. At that moment, I was so hurting and I really couldn’t care less what they would say. The killer line? “And it hurts me more than you know. So much more than it shows. All at once…”. Diba naman? Hindi ka ba e-emote?

2.)   Peabo Bryson’s “Love Always Finds A Way” – Sheeesh. Just like what my best friend would always say, “May sumpa na sa mga love life natin ang kantang ‘yan” (That song has jinxed our love lives.). I can just imagine a slideshow of all my stupid exes with this song. No. Fail. Argh.

3.)   Jed Madela’s “Love Always Finds A Way” – Irita lang. Mega irita because I think he destroyed this song. I cringe. Not related to the blog, I know. Moving on. Hehehe.

4.)   Joe’s “I Wanna Know” – Oh. Em. Gee. This is the height of my emo moment with a song huh. I remember perfectly when I was playing this on my Compaq handheld (insert big laugh here) and crying like I’ve never cried before. Sobrang pain ang associated with this song. Although it may seem very funny because why would I cry so hard over an RNB song, right? But what I was imagining in my head was figuring out how I can be a better person/boyfriend so my boyfriend won’t leave me. Diba pathetic? Hahaha. “I wanna know… I want to know what turns you on… I wanna know… So I can be all that and more…”

5.)   Abigail’s “(Let The) Joy Rise” – Now this is weird. I can’t remember what I was going through at that time but I remember completely how I was shedding tears in the shower while singing this! Hahaha. Height of ka-cheapan. Hahaha. Nuba.


EMO MOMENT #2: Famous Movie One Liners Used in Real Life

Although I do not wish to discuss the details and setting in which I used these lines, I give you guys full freedom in terms of imaging as to when I may have used uttered these famous one liners. Hahaha.
Disclaimer: If I happen to have used any of these lines on you and thought how brilliant I was to say it at that time, you’re about to be disappointed. Hahaha. Peace.

  1. From “The Devil Wears Prada” – “It sounds like a great opportunity, I’d love to be considered.” – Oh ayan safe ‘yan ha. Pwedeng-pwede sa job interview.
  2. From “Stepmom” – “You know every story, every wound, every memory.” – Hay naku. Super emo moment ito.
  3. From “Sex and The City” – “I’m sorry. I can’t. Don’t hate me.” – Hahaha. No comment.
  4. From “One More Chance” – “Ako na lang. Ako na lang ulet.” – Seriously. Pathetic no? Hahaha.
  5.  From “Will & Grace” – “Does it hurt your back when you kiss your own ass like that?” – Hahaha. Mad points for this one!!!


EMO MOMENT #3: Status Messages

Ever since social networking has become huge, coming up with a status message that is just loaded with drama has become very common. Will this drama queen ever pass up on a chance to make “taray” moments? I don’t think so.

Here are just some of my finest bitchy moments…

  1. “I don’t like catfights, but I sure can scratch!”
  2. “This one is dedicated to you Mr. Asshole!”
  3. “Just made 8 new friends and a whole lot of new enemies. Powerful and DEADMA. – sings ala Meredith Brooks”
  4. “Is sumasakit ang ulo with Claire dela Fuente’s phonetics!!! – you’re my everytheeeng”
  5. “Thinks labels are destructive unless of course it’s Chanel.”
  6. “Mabait akong tao pero marunong akong mangagat!”
  7. “Man, just effin' take what you want and leave me alone... stop making yourself part of my life... I don't need basura and you're definitely trashy...”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY GOES GIRLY by Toni Villafuerte

The Wonderful Things I Learned From Mr. Wrong

BOY GOES GIRLY by Toni Villafuerte